As part of holding senior leadership team roles at V/Line, Transport & Strategy staff have been actively involved in and delivering successful outcomes on key major infrastructure projects and important operational strategies such as;
- West Gate Tunnel Project. A multi-disciplinary project with complex interface to V/Line through design and delivery of V/Line assets, relocation of V/Line services, complex occupations regime, V/Line self-perform activities, integration of delivery program and operational requirements in different stabling locations, engineering changes such as signalling / train control and working with key Government stakeholders such as DOT, WDA, VicTrack, MTM and PTV to achieve best for project and network outcomes on a Value for Money basis.
- Rail Infrastructure Alliance. A multi-disciplinary rail project with heavy interface to V/Line through complex occupations regime, integration of delivery program and operational requirements on the RRL tracks (V/Lines busiest corridor), V/Line asset reconfiguration at Tottenham, Management of Change process and Systems Engineering / Assurance and working with key Government stakeholders such as DOT, RPV, MTM and PTV.
- Rail Systems Alliance. A transformational signalling project with interface to V/Line primarily through complex Management of Change and accreditation items (including change of Rule book), to implement the first High Capacity Signalling project in Victoria. This includes a significant operational interface and driver training regime to cater for the in-field signalling, train control and rule book changes. Working with key Government stakeholders such as DOT, RPV, MTM and PTV.
- Wyndham Vale stabling project. A stabling project to alleviate critical V/Line stabling shortfall. V/Line fully integrated into alliance as NOP, with key input in areas such as operational requirements, RailSys modelling / pathway analysis, engineering interface and developing solutions for fueling strategy, Management of Change process, occupations planning and bussing of the busiest V/Line corridor on the network.
- South Dynon stabling and maintenance project. A two-fold project to provide inner area stabling to enable operational performance ready for RRR, as well as implantation of the largest Train Maintenance Facility (TMF) on the V/Line network. Transport and Strategy key members have significant experience and knowledge of TMFs (construction, functional, operational, maintenance) and so have supported DOT and LXRP through the entire development phase to ensure good outcomes.
- Regional Rail Revival Bendigo-Echuca Line Upgrade project. A component of the Regional Rail Revival (RRR) project, to deliver a line speed upgrade to the Bendigo-Echuca corridor. Focus area in this project lies in engineering and operational assessments, to inform a Management of Change and accreditation process.
- Waurn Ponds stabling project stage 1. A component of the Regional Rail Revival (RRR) project, to establish a stabling. Focus area in this project lies in engineering and operational assessments, to inform a Management of Change and accreditation process.